Friday 26 December 2014

Knitter's Magazine 117: A Review


Knitter's Magazine has released Issue 117. Let's have a look at it.





The Boho/Hobo cardigan. It looks like an afghan worn inside out. It's designed to be reversible and this may not be its best side, but my guess is that the seamless side looks like an afghan worn right side in.





The Royal Plum jacket. I like this mosaic and cable piece. It's smart and versatile.





Blocks a la Carte pullover. Too visually choppy for my liking, and not particularly flattering.





Step Up cowl. Accomplished, graphic design, and a fresh, pretty colourway.





Drift and Flow shrug. This shrug can be worn frontwards or backwards, and I feel like I need two sets of pictures so I can be sure of what I'm signing off on. I do like the version of the front depicted in the left photo, but I need to know what the back looks like. I don't care for either the front or the back in the other version — they're way too busy visually.





Sssinuous hat and scarf set. Interesting and even rather cool hat and scarf. It's nice to see a totally wearable contemporary design like this.





Carved Cedar pullover. Quite like this one, which is a fresh take on the classic cable.





Tropical Tee pullover. This is just so bulky and heavy looking and the colour scheme is overdone.





Tamarack jacket. Love this one, which is the very definition of elegantly relaxed style. It does look a tad on the heavy side, but then it is a jacket.





Tech Mitts. These are rather smart. The pinstripe contrasted with the rope cable stitch is a nice effect.





Woodland Diamonds pullover. Very much like this one, with its skilful use of colourblocking and just the right amount of detail.





Midnight Rendezvous top. This one is very nice too. Good shape and use of self-striping yarn.





Bridge the Gap. Ah, just what every woman wants: tie-back curtains for either side of her stomach.





Spice Trade pullover. I wish I could see this sweater better. The scarf play is preventing me from getting a good look at the shape and sleeves of this sweater. I do like what I can see, but I have some concerns about this design's possible bulkiness.





Herringbone in Relief vest. I like this one, which has a polished, sophisticated, go-anywhere look, but there are better colourways for it than pink and blue, even if it is a very adult pink and blue.





Cloud Cover poncho. Not a bad little piece, though I do wish the bottom edge was less roughly finished. That's easily remedied with a crocheted edging.





Another Slant Pullover. And here we have another upcycled afghan design. Afghans are fine things in their place, and that place is the couch.





Winter Diamond wrap. Love this one, which is innovative, polished, and wearable. I've never seen a pattern quite like that argyle/hexagon one.

No comments:

Post a Comment