Wednesday 2 October 2019

Interweave Knits Gifts 2019: A Review


Interweave has released their Interweave Knits Gifts 2019 issue, and it's an excellent stash-busting issue, with lots of useful little designs that can be made out of odds and ends of yarn. Let's have a look at it, shall we?





Lamplighter's Hat. Pretty decent-looking two-tone hat with some interesting texture on the band.





Blizzard Beanie. Nice simple cap.





Winter Winds Hat. A slouchy cap with some nice stitchwork that's also worked with a double strand of the yarn, which means it's extra warm.





Frost Blush Beanie. I'm not so thrilled with the tea cozy shape and unfinished-looking edge of this one.





Glacier Ice Hat. The asymmetrical band is a fun touch on this hat design.





Ice Floe Beanie. This one has an attractive lace pattern. It's also the perfect hat to wear if you wish to tell someone, "I am just going out and may be some time," as you are heading out the door.





Snowburst Beanie. This one has a peacock feather-like design, and doing it in peacock colours would likely give it a completely different look -- if, like me, you like all things peacock.





Avalanche Hat. A classic cabled slouch cap.





Permafrost Hat. This hat has a more subtle twisted stitch and faux cable texture, which is nice for when you want the effect of cable without the bulk.





Wassailing Stole. A lovely, classic wrap.





Sweet Cedar Shawl. This is lovely, but I'd be inclined to leave such a large, square piece on the couch rather than wear it.





Climbing Crytals Wrap. Very pretty!





Balsam & Lavender Sachets. These are ever so pretty that they are almost making me regret that I already sewed myself a set of lavender sachets.





Comfy Cozies. I don't have a cell phone or a tablet, but I think if I were to make, say, a knitted cozy for my digital camera, I'd want to make it one a little basic than this.





Chamomile Tea Towels. These are pretty to look at, but I'm wondering about their functionality. Has anyone ever tried drying dishes or their hands on a knitted tea towel? I'm curious as to how well that would work.





Dancing Diamonds Gift Bags. These are adorable, but that does seem like an awful lot of work to put into a gift bag.





Snowdrop Shawl. Another lovely shawl.





Arctic Willow Wrap. Another attractive stole.





Yuletide Shawl. With its stripes and tassels, this one has a very 1910s look to me, sporty-looking outerwear being very much a thing at that time.





Twining Ivy Shawl. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment