Monday 10 June 2019

Interweave Knits Summer 2019: A Review


Interweave Knits has released their Summer 2019 issue. Let's have a look at it, shall we?





Assateague Pullover. Love this one. Just LOOK at that beautifully intricate yoke.





East Beach Tee. This is pretty decent. I like the stitchwork and the aqua contrast trim on the lilac. I'd make it a littler neater fitting.





Cumberland Pullover. This one has the look of a beautiful lace blouse.





Clearwater Coverup. Not so thrilled with the lie of this, and for a coverup it doesn't cover up all that much, although the stitchwork is nice.





South Ocean Pullover. Quite decent. I like the subtle horizontal stripes, which is a nice way to give a simple pullover some distinction.





Van Damme Tee. Nice texture.





Kalaloch Pullover. This one has a great yoke, but can you imagine how aggravating it would be to wear a pullover that pulls up at the side when you raise an arm like the model is doing? I'd rework the design to raise the armholes to where they belong.





Ocean City Pullover. It is so nice to see a mesh piece that doesn't look remotely like a shopping bag. This is a very attractive piece, and I love the lace motifs around the waist.





Laguna Pullover. Very nice, but I would neaten up the fit.





Cove Beach Pullover. This is one of the best colour-blocked pieces I've ever seen.





Malaquite Tee. Decent, but I'd make it to fit the wearer. Things look so much better on the wearer when they fit, and think of the savings in knitting time and yarn when you make things smaller!





Baja Hoodie. This is making me flash back to the nineties, when the Baja hoodie or "drug rug" was such a thing. And it seems they've come back. This Baja hoodie is much nicer than any of those worn back then. I'd consider making it, while I was never tempted to wear a drug rug back in the day, unless you count the time or two I wore a loaner drug rug from a boyfriend because we were out somewhere and I was cold.





Grand Junction Shawl. Very striking blend of colours and patterns.





Rocket Pop Socks. Cute socks. Though I am having a bit of difficulty getting past that I hate this particular kind of popsicle. I'll be an easy sell on ice cream sandwich socks should any designers out there be thinking of making those.





Sonora Cacti Socks. These look like cacti as they might look in some sort of 80s-era video game, such as one entitled "Go West, Young Pac-Man". This is not a bad thing.





Tubac Stole. This has a lot of contemporary-style appeal, and it drapes well.





Silver City Shawl. Very attractive wrap.





Desert Sunset Shawl. Love the colours in this so much that I am keeping them in mind for my future use.





Lobster Socks. These ones are more than a little busy visually for my liking, but they are fun in their way.





Avo Toast Socks. These are pleasing both visually and as a sly reference to the whole avocado toast thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment