Monday 5 August 2019

Interweave Knits Fall 2019: A Review


Interweave Knits has released its Fall 2019 issue. Let's have a look at it, shall we?





Firefall Toque. I like the modern twist on the cabled devices on this hat.





Frost Mitts. Nice looking mitts. Though I must admit I'm looking past them to that extremely photogenic firewood the model is carrying. I carried plenty of firewoood growing up as a farm kid, and our firewood never looked anything like... that. I'm flashing back to the splinters and scrapes I used to get from that extremely rough-hewn, non-uniform length wood as I write this.





Balefire Mittens. Classic mittens with some texture and a variegated yarn to liven things up.





Spiced Cider Beanie. Classic ribbed cap.





Reaper Cowl. A handsome cowl. I like the horizontal pattern in it.





Quiet Nights Cowl. I quite like the pretty brick-like look of this one.





Sweet Dreams Pullover. A decent design, though I might add a bit of waist shaping and stitch up those open hems. I do have a bit of a thing for a detailed cuff.





Värma Pullover. A spare yet finished look. A bit of waist-shaping would be helpful here as well.





Page Turner Blanket. Such a polished, contemporary throw.





Kväll Cardigan. I like the sporty, retro vibe of this one, but I would neaten up the fit.





Orchard Cardigan. I like the shoulder detail, but not that back, which hangs so poorly.





Autumn Rain Shawl. A nice lace wrap.





Granny Smith Pullover. Very attractive and wearable, and the fresh, crisp colour scheme is perfect for both the design, and its name.





Caramel Apple Pullover. Classic cabled pullover.





Winding Roads Shawl. There is some beautiful stitchwork in this wrap, but that sickly greenish yellow colour is doing nothing for it.





Wine Press Pullover. I love the grape cluster detail on the sleeves, but can't say the same about those unfinished cuffs, which will get into everything the wearer does, and the side details aren't adding anything. Another thing to be aware of when making this design is that's made from light fingering weight yarn and is consequently semi-sheer (the model's bra can quite plainly be seen in both front and back views) and that this is therefore a piece that will need to be worn with an underlayer.





Fredag Socks. Classic two-tone cabled socks.

2 comments:

  1. Re: orchard cargigan. When I first looked at the photo, I thought it had a faux fur collar & thought "that's and interesting detail" but on closer inspection, I realized it was the models hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather than a plain rubbed hem on the Sweet Dreams pullover I would like to see it with the hem matching the sleeve cuffs. And I agree on the split hem of the Wine Press pullover if you don’t want the pulled in effect of a ribbed hem a turned hem would be nice here. I wonder what it would look like if knit with a yarn more suitable to this gauge rather than sheer & drapey.

    ReplyDelete