Friday 2 November 2018

Piecework 2018: A Review


Interweave has released its Piecework 2018 issue. Let's have a look at the few but lovely patterns within it.





Festival Lace Mitts. Fit for a bride.





Tea Rose Scarf. Such pretty lace. I see this one worn as an accessory over a summer-weight cocktail dress.





A Little Women Lace Fichu. For the past several days I've been working my way through the first season of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Three of the characters, who are known collectively as the Weird Sisters, are often shown dressed in very simple, fitted dresses with lace collars and cuffs, a look that I suspect is going to become iconic in short order. It's certainly led me to think that knitted or crocheted collars is a look that deserves to come back in a big way. So I'm here for this fichu, which I can imagine adding an interesting new dimension to the right outfit.

2 comments:

  1. I've never had much interest in fichus or Peter Pan collars, but after also tearing my way through The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, I think I might be feeling more positive vibes from them. Because, c'mon. The Weird Sisters may be made to hate, but they sure do have style.

    ReplyDelete