Thursday 4 October 2018

Interweave Knits Fall 2018: A Review


In today's post, we're going to have a look at the Interweave Knits Fall 2018 issue, in which things have gotten very cable-y -- in a very good way.





Breakwater Beach Vest. I like the vest with its good shaping and cabled panels (though yes, I see what you did there, mullet hem), but I would definitely recommend wearing it over almost anything other than a striped jersey.





Cambridge Cardigan. I like the tartan and the "old-style collegial-wear" concept of this sweater, but I would neaten up the fit some. This is a style that would look best slightly oversized, but that means one size up from what the wearer would normally wear, not two or three.





Classic Gansey Cardigan. What the name of this piece says. I would wear this one myself.





Follins Pond Pullover. A clever use of cablework on this one.





Great Island Pullover. Nice piece on the whole, but I am not a fan of that overly large v-neck.





Herring Cove Wrap. Beautiful wrap.





Massachusetts Ave Pullover. An eye-catching use of cables, and a nice piece, except that I do glimpse a slight mullet hem.





Monomoy Dolman. Nice! I'd just add a few rows of ribbing to that neckband, as it looks a little skimpy as is.





Mt. Auburn Cardigan. Very handsome piece!





Oxford Street Pullover. Excellent rendering of a classic style.





Prescott Pullover. Attractive cables.





Quincy Pullover. This argyle-style cable pattern is so creative and looks fantastic.





Race Point Pullover. Nice!





Sandy Neck Pullover. Another great-looking cabled pullover.





Wendell Street Pullover. This one has such an inventively contemporary vibe.





Widener Pullover. I like the concept of an attached shawl collar and cuffs in a contrasting colour, but perhaps not so much the execution. Maybe I'd like it if the collar and cuffs were a little wider? I'd fix the dropped shoulders, and the transition between the moss stitch shoulders and the front cabled pattern looks a little on the rough side and should perhaps be replaced by some sort of patterned band.





Yarmouth Pullover. Oooh, nice! I love the way the designer has used the cables to complement the raglan sleeves.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I buy perhaps one issue of IK every five or six years. This one is a likely contender — three or four things here I would happily make for myself, and wear with delight. Still thinking about the moon and stars sweater from yesterday, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like virtually everything in this issue and would definitely consider purchasing. Just one thing I don't really understand is the sleeve length on the Prescott Pullover. I know it's an easy fix, but why market it that way?...To each their own I guess!








































































































































    ReplyDelete