Thursday 11 October 2018

Knitty Deep Fall 2018: A Review



Knitty has released their Deep Fall 2018 issue. Let's have a look at it, shall we?





Astronomer's Beret. Neat concept, I love the band, and by the time you're done this one you'll know your constellations.





Alfarería. Great shaping, and that mosaic stitchwork is gorgeous.





Bundle of Joy. Very attractive wrap. The interplay of the two bands of texture and colour is pleasing.





Martesana. Nice cowl. I like the ruffly effect.





Mountain. Very decent little cap with some fun stitchwork.





European Dreams. I'm not so taken with this wrap. It has such a rough look and doesn't drape well.





Parts Unknown. A classic cabled cowl.





Yamadori. The stitchwork on the leg of these socks is FANTASTIC. I don't think I've ever seen a stitch make better use of a variegated yarn.





Ausable. An good-looking classic cardigan.





Lady. The deep, square neckline and flared sleeves of this pullover have a certain flair, but I know I'd hate to have to always wear a top under this pullover (admittedly that problem could be solved by raising the neckline), and that those floppy sleeves would drive me crazy.





Home State. This design needed some more work. I'd add a shawl collar or some sort of neckline detail to balance out that focus-pulling bottom band, and the way those pockets sag down at the top detracts terribly from the look. Some sort of edge finishing on them would probably help a lot.





Lutning. I really like the cute, mod look of this skirt. I think I'd go with buttons or some other sort of commercially made fastening rather than those messy-looking toggles, though.





Bruce, The Great White Shark. Very well-made toy shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment